Texture and Impasto
- Using the oil paint in various ways.
- Transluscent oil paints vs. opaque oil paints
- Harmonious colour schemes
- Copying pattern – with a paint brush or sgraffitto (scratching through thick paint)
- Thickening the paint and using textural brushmarks.
- Impasto painting with a palette knife.
- Simulating glass, reflections and fabric
- Principles of accurate drawing
- You will probably complete two small paintings 22cm x 28cm. (8.5″ x 11″)All materials will be provided on this course.
You need to bring an apron or wear an old shirt.