To do this workshop you need to have done Notan 1– the four values or the Notan Introduction (booking information below). You may do this privately in advance (instead of with a group). It will take a full day in your own time.
Notan in Colour – Landscapes with colour shifts
- Week One: A harmonious segment with a colour POP
- Week Two: The Complementary Palette inspired by Matisse
- Week Three: Split Comps. inspired by Tom Thompson & Group of 7
- Week Four: The Power of Yellow Inspired by Winifred Nicholson.
Each week we will make colour swatches in your chosen medium (this can be water colour, gouache, acrylic or oils. I will be demonstrating using oils). We will paint the same Notan study in all 4 weeks evoking completely different moods. Hopefully, you will do other paintings as well , using your new palette and pin these on our secret Pinterest board.
Notan Introduction: email email@example.com for a Pay-pal invoice for £25. This will familiarize you with how to plan your Notan.
You need to do this before the Notan in Colour workshop
Notan in Colour
- Tuesdays 6, 13, 20, 27 April