Notan 3 followed by Notan 4: Level: Beginner & intermediate. These are very good workshops for beginners in tonal drawing and to use as a resource for painting. All drawings are in pencil in a sketchbook or on cartridge paper.
Notan 3: 7, 14, 21, 28 September
The Four Values and adding texture
Simplify shapes and render detail Inspired by Japanese woodblock printing.
- Week 1: Four Values in Notan
- Week 2: Different ways of using a pencil
- Week 3: Adding Texture to your drawing
- Week 4: The No frills sketch
Notan 4: 12, 19, 26 October & 2 November
The Four Values and adding depth
Four ways of adding depth to a landscape Inspired by Vincent van Gogh
- Week 1: Adding depth inspired by Vincent van Gogh.
- Week 2: Adding depth by perspective and a change of scale
- Week 3: Adding depth through Notan bands and eye-movement
- Week 4: Moving mountains – changing the composition.
Save 20% by booking for both
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to pay by BACS or cheque
A few days after booking you will receive an equipment list by email.